Sunday 1 June 2014

Week 46: Sporty Week!

Surpirse! Monday and tuesday were spent in class and completing work, thankfully I started feeling better again. Tuesday evening the KB touch team won our first game :), despite feeling a bit ill still I made an appearance and somehow managed to score a try.

Wednesday we hit up Uni Trivia again, and didnt do too well on the State of Origin theme. For those of you who don't know State of Origin is a rugby league game between New South Wales and Brisbane and is played over three games. The first game was wednesday so we had it on whilst having pre-drinks, and somehow NSW managed to come out with a win. We headed out for the usual wednesday night hostage and grand experience which was good fun.  

I tried to work all day thursday and decided to bail mid-afternoon so headed to the beach and got some groceries on the way home. In the evening we watched the final episode of series 3 of Sherlock.... so great! Check out the hedgehog potatoes I made :)


Friday followed in a similar vein as thursday and I bailed studying mid-afternoon so headed up to Mt Keira. It was not too warm but still really humid and a sweaty climb up the creek. The view from the top was... as ever... amazing! By the time I got back to KB I decided to hit up the beach. I had another lovely swim! In the evening we had KB performance night at UniBar. It was great seeing familiar faces performing for us all and chatting to some faces who I havent seen in a while.

Can you see the rainbow?!
Another rainbow!
The weekend hit and by mid-arvo I joined up with some Kooloobongians (is that a thing?! I don't know whether it works or not) and we headed off up to Sydney. I parted ways with these folks and headed over to the Allianz Stadium for the Roosters vs. Raiders NRL game with a UEA friend. The Roosters made a 18-0 first half lead and managed to come out 26-12 victory so we were really chuffed. I then headed over to meet up with KB peeps at Vivid. We walked around a bit grabbed a great pulled pork, apple sauce, gravy and coleslaw roll... YUM! We made it back to KB for 00.30... a long day.




Sunday appeared and I played soccer (football!!!) for KB vs I-house. We all performed our best but did not win, we all had great fun though. I lazed about til heading off for touch training in the arvo. The rain came down a bit but we had a decent practise game of touch... yes I may be starting to get the hang of it. Although I did have to get the ice out after getting back as my groin strain was playing up a bit :|.


That was week 46! Wow... time is flying way too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment