Sunday 25 May 2014

Week 45: Vivid Sydney and being ill

Monday morning was an early start, 5.20am and I was dropped off at the airport for my flight back to Sydney. 


I said my goodbyes to my hosts which really sucked and got on my way. The flight went by no problem and I made it back for lunchtime. I spent the afternoon studying and then went food shopping. Tuesday rolled around and I spent most of the day practising my speech for wednesday. Tuesday evening was the classic touch footy and Game of Thrones. We played very well and lost by only one goal this week!

Wednesday appeared and I begun to start to feel ill... in the afternoon we had the study abroad farewell ceremony and I was asked to prepare a speech for the occasion. I was pretty nervous as it was my first proper public speaking but I had practised enough and thought it went very well.


Graduation hoods! :S 


Afterwards I headed to Unibar for trivia and then hit up everyones predrinks before slipping off to bed feeling ill from a cold. I tried to study on thursday and even made it to the beach but that was about it. I did manage to cook up a lovely honey soy beef steak though. Yum!


I still felt pretty grim on friday and tried to study before going out for a friends birthday at the 3 chimneys, which is a hipster bar set on a backstreet in Wollongong in a large warehouse... very surreal but it was good fun. Afterwards we drove up to mt keira it was great getting to see that view again. I must make the effort to get up there a few more times before I leave.


Birthday predrinks were happening so I made an appearance before again sloping off to bed. For some reason I didnt get to sleep til 4am so saturday morning was spent feeling very drained and on the sofa. I did pick myself up enough to go up to Sydney to see the vivid light festival which was really cool. The opera house and circular quay were all lit up with fancy lights.








Sunday has been a bit of a write off as well, I walked around at footy training in the morning and made it to the beach, but since then managed to lose 3hrs work on my independent project and have been watching tv. I think its safe to say being ill may have dampened the mood of this blog post but alas it has been a good week. The highlight was definitely vivid in sydney!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment