Sunday 30 March 2014

Week 37: My Wave Exposure Model Works!

Its sunday night so of course its blog time. So monday as usual this session was overwhelmed with classes, my 6 hour day at Uni is my longest day and so they work associated with it took up most of monday and tuesday. I spent tuesday arvo plugging away at my Independent Project, in which I am using a GIS model to map out Wave Exposure and how subtly changing the model will alter the results. So after 3 weeks of tinkering I finally managed to get all my data in the right format and run the model to completion which felt like a great achievement!

This ran into wednesday and the next thing I know I am preparing to head out for our student night out again. It was a damp occasion but nontheless we all enjoyed ourselves and I whipped up some garlic bread on my return home... NOM. Thursday was spent all day on the computer getting to grips with my GIS model, in the evening I headed out with my future Touch Footy team for some food at our sponsor, I demolished a great burger and chips! On return to KB I wacked on a very weird samuri-esc film called 47 Ronin.

Friday rolled around and I smashed out some work early in the day so that I could enjoy the "I like to party" pub crawl. This session we made sure we didnt get there too early and had a relaxed journey down to Dicey Riley's we headed to the Patch and North Gong before grabbing a kebab from town... OMG kebab! And then headed home.



I decided to get some more work out of the way on saturday morning. The sun was out, just so I made the trip to the beach, and was picked up on the way there. What I was hoping to be a lovely swim in the usually clean and clear beach was turned into a mess by the presence of lots and lots of seaweed! Ew! Regardless we went in for a very quick dip. On the way back I grabbed a few bags full of fresh fruit and veg. I made up an amazing salad for dinner with so many ingredients that its not worth spending the time writing them! The evening was spent playing nintendo (im not getting any better!) and then some yarns back at mine for my roomates birthday. 

Sunday stared with an energetic KB sports session, the highlight of which was definitely a game of ultimate frisbee! I was at a loss what to do with my arvo, with most of my friends away or studying so I headed down to the beach for a surf. 3 hours later and lots of swallowed seawater I would say it was my most successful surf session to date with waves suitable for a beginner like myself. I think I stood up over a dozen times which im pretty happy with and I even taught myself how to sit on my board to look at the oncoming waves like a true surfer ;) .... shame im blind without my glasses :(.

To finish off the week I made an amazing chicken in a bag with mash and a side salad YUM!


Thats it for this week. Three weeks until mid-session break, lets see what they bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment