Sunday 22 December 2013

Week 22: Road Trip Conclusion!

So I believe I finished at Mudgee last week. A smaller group of us headed off to a town called Gunningbland, near Bogan Gate. I decided not to take the bumpy dirt track back, so we went the long but smoother way around. We stopped off in Dubbo for a Maccas lunch and continues on our way in the dry heat of the west, I think it was around 37 degrees wow! We made it to Gunningbland my mid arvo and had a pretty chilled out evening, with another great healthy meal.
Tuesday I headed out to Condobolin. I stopped off at Utes in the Paddock to check out some wacky utes decorated very imaginatively.


Upon my arrival in Condo I sampled some local soft drinks, YUM! In the arco I took a ride on a motorbike for the first time, it was a great experience! I zoomed along behind their ute as they checked the sheep in the paddock. We also had a little shoot with an air rifle, we took aim at a few apples, water balloons and a very random metal decoration called ned kelly! T-bone was in order for dinner at a local pub before getting a well earned rest.


Water Balloon Explosion!

Wednesday was a day of travel, I made the 275km journey from Condo to Warrimoo (in the blue mountains). I took the journey pretty easily stopping off to drive around bathurst racecourse, only to find it closed. I also took a lengthy stop to try out some wines in Orange... oh it was great to taste real wine again, rather than goon. I arrived at Warrimoo and jumped straight in the pool before having burgers for dinner. We went a drive to look at all the christmas lights in the evening and we went for a night bushwalk and got a great view of the lights over sydney.
View at Victoria Pass on the journey

Trying to pose on the car LOL fail!
We had a very touristy day in the Blue Mountains on thursday. We made the trip to Lincoln Rock which gave a great view of the Blue Mountains. After this we took a 2hr bushwalk around Carrington Falls, it was really great to get back out into the bush again and the blue mountains are really spectacular. We came across many waterfalls and I was tempted to go for a dip! The sun came out for us and we worked up a big appetite by the time we had finished. We had a wander around the very fancy shops in Leura before heading back for another great meal! I pretty much passed out in the evening with tiredness, it may have been due to the anti-histamine tablet for the bites on my arm but even so I had a great nights sleep.
There seems to be a lot of pictures of me in waterfalls recently :P



 We made the journey back to Wollongong to drop off some stuff before heading up to Coogee to pick up a new phone off gum tree. Oh i forgot to mention, in the past weeks or so my phone's screen died and my laptop hard drive had failed. Not good at all! So I eventually found the address for my gumtree purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S3, with a bit of help. I then made it back to Illawong in what was without doubt the most stressful day of driving, Sydney drivers are crazy! If I was given a dollar for everytime I was undertaken today I could buy enough tim tams to last me a lifetime. It was made worse by not having a map but regardless my knack for directions got me almost there and to Illawong, where I chilled for the evening.
Saturday continued in a similar relaxed trend before heading out to a Ukranian 21st birthday party. It was pretty similar to an UK or Aussi birthday except they sung happy birthday in Ukranian. On another note the food was to die for! I'm talking major bbq plus a feast of cakes and treats for dessert!

To finish off the week I dropped the car off safe and sound at my friends after 2864km exactly! I then somehow managed to invite myself to my hostesses family gathering. One minute the house was relatively empty, next thing I know 20 people had rocked up and they were all really tall! I think I was the smallest chap there. Even so it was great to meet some more Aussi's, the highlight of the night was definitely playing Cards Against Humanity. This card game revolves around playing funny answers to phrases given in each round and the best response wins, it was so funny playing! After this it was a mad rush to the station to put me on a train back to Wollonging for the night.
Just to keep you all updated my laptop has broken but I will do my best to keep my blog updated using my phone :)


A squeaky clean car ready for delivery back to its owner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment