Sunday 10 November 2013

Week 17: Procrasti-blog

So as I mentioned last week this week should be very boring and right now I should be writing... "This week I did nothing but revise for my exams"...But alas, I am a study abroad student who needs to only pass his exams and I have to make the most of my time here.


So I kicked off the week with some revision, I decided to put the work in early. I also decided to go for a jog/walk up Mt Keira. It took a good hour to get up there (mostly walking I have to admit) and the walk up was very spooky, with a very strong wind blowing through the trees and the sun gradually going down. The view from the top was as spectacular as I had remembered, if only it had been a bit sunnier. I decided to bite the bullet and go down the stream/river bed that I had heard about. It's safe to say that I nearly stacked it a dozen times. That's a dangerous route to go down with all the dead leaves and the steepness of the route. Nonetheless I made it back in one piece, without too many injuries and before dark.We had a bit of a Batman night in the evening and watched The Dark Night, what a great movie!
Amazing view ! 

Check out this little critter I cam across!
It turned out that the Melbourne Cup was being held on Tuesday. Think of the FA Cup crossed with Royal Ascot or something like that. This horse race "stops the nation", I was a bit sceptical but litrally everything stopped for the half an hour or so around the race. KB had put on a spread of nibbles and we all watched it on the big screen, after putting a few cheeky bets on the sweepstakes. I managed to get Ethiopia in the sweepstakes, it never had a chance apparently. Even so it was a great break from revision. And another break from revision was a trip to the beach straight after tehe! It was a pretty dangerous afternoon for the beach, we went out trying to catch some waves bodysurfing and really struggled. There was such an undercurrent and the waves were breaking so far out and were so big. Even so it was great fun, I am really really getting used to having the beach just a stones-throw away. In the evening we had another Batman night and watched all but the last 20 mins of The Dark Night Rises, stupid film file :P.

On wednesday I did do some more reivision, honest!I also did a cheeky trip to the farmers market YUMYUM! I think most people have heard about the Bushfires in the NSW area, because of all the damage done there was a music night arranged by us students to raise some money. So we all went off and heard a few friends play some songs at the Tennis Club, which was great fun and had a cheeky sing along to Gay Pirate by Cosmo Jarvis (check it out!). I came back and had an insane rump steak!

NOM

I really cracked on with revision thursday before heading off up to Sydney for the night. We grabbed a take away from a thai place. I have some chicken stew rice something which was surprisingly good actually, im not usually a big fan of thai food but nom. After a bit of an issue getting into our friends student accommodation we eventually get in and get ready to head out, not before having some of our Double Black Johnnie Walker. We met up with a few more people and headed out to a place called Ivy. So it turns out that Ivy is this massive club with multiple levels with a pool level at the top. Naturally we went to check it out! If it had been full of student this place would have been insane, but the Sydney locals don't give off the friendliest vibe. It was so surreal everyone dancing around the pool and some of the more adventurous people around us went for a swim. We headed home via a kebab shop, naturally! We awoke too early and feeling rather worse for ware but we ambled back to the train via hollister, i resisted buying anything! We got back to the gong just after lunch and I took the executive decision that I should go to the beach, can you blame me? I made it back in time for fitness, this was a very hard week at fitness, lots of leg work and it doesn't help being that tired.
Not the best photo but hey!
The weekend was spent doing my best to stay focused revising for my exams on Monday and Tuesday. I never knew how hard it was to revise for the sake of revising. Usually you revise because you need to do really well in the exam but as I just have to pass my subjects I have really struggled to keep my mind focused and motivated. It was made better on sunday by it raining pretty much all day, ah it feels like home in this weather, maybe to the temperature though. But here we are at Sunday evening and my first exams in Water Management tomorrow morning at 9am, 3 hours, 3 questions, so whats done is done and I will just have to do my best. I am looking forward to getting to Tuesday at 4.30pm after my two exams and the a week Monday at 4.30pm when I finish all my exams. What should I treat myself to for completing my exams I wonder? hmmmm!

I am tempted to state that this next week will be spent working really hard revising for my last exam, but lets face it you saw how this week went!







No comments:

Post a Comment