Sunday 3 November 2013

Week 16: Halloween Ball!

So the beginning of this week was spent working on my GIS project and revising for my water exam. These went by fairly uneventfully and im glad to finally have finished all but the exams for the year.

Wednesday arvo me and a few coursemates headed to Scarborough Pub for a nice cold drink and a great view. I was even entrusted in driving us back to Uni, via a quick detor over the curvy bridge which jutts out over the sea. I loved getting back behind the wheel again, its been far too long! In the evening I managed to shave off 30s per km for my 7km run to the beach and back, chuffed to say the least.

And yes I got a haircut! 
Great View! 
Without a doubt the highlight of the week was the KB Halloween Formal. The theme was Halloween Thrift shop, so we headed out earlier in the week to Vinnies (aka The Salvation Army Thrift Shop) and, with lots of help, managed to find a fur jacket, hat, suspenders, trousers (pants)... yeah I went as a pimp. So we all headed off on the party bus to the Portofino Function Centre, which was decorated brilliantly with all manner of spooky things. We had a three course meal, vol au vents with chicken, mushroom and a white sauce... YUM... then falling off the bone lamb shank... YUM and fruits and cream to finish. We also had wine and beers all night, I stuck to the red wine :) lovely! The evening was an absolute hoot. With some great photos taken in the photo booth, lots of dancing and to finish it off an amazing kebab... YUM again.




Yeah we had a big chief! 

The next morning was, unsurprisingly, a late start but a big lunch and a trip to the beach definitely picked me up. Whilst at the beach we spotted some Blue Bottle Jellyfish washed up on the beach, it turns out they are not lethal and only give you a really bad sting so not too bad I guess. In the evening we had the KB performance night at Unibar. It was great to see some familiar faces showing us their musical talent! I then shooted off to meet up with my international buddy who was having dinner at good old amigos. A few ciders and lots of chuckles later we headed back. Once back at KB I re-watched the hunger games, good movie!
Uh-oh a blue bottle jelly!

Saturday was meant to be spent revising, I did a couple of hours before heading to the beach again... This was the 3rd day in a row! The smoke that had blown in from forest fires gradually cleared and we had a glorious afternoon in the surf and the sun. I returned to the work before finishing off the day with American Pie 2.

This is me trying to take a selfie whilst body surfing... harder than you think!

Sunday morning I headed out for another jog and really struggled, damn heat and humidity! But hey another 5 or 6 km done :). The rest of the day was spent writing up lectures notes, unbelievable one of lecturers went through 90 slides in a lecture, I don't know how that was possible!

A short post this week, and don't be surprised if the next couple are fairly short aswell because I should be revising for my exams and not doing any interesting! Note the emphasis on the word should! We will see what the next few weeks bring me :).


No comments:

Post a Comment