Sunday 27 October 2013

Week 15: Rock Jumping!

As its getting to the end of session the weeks seem to be descending into a blurred studying mess. This week I had a fluorine presentation on Tuesday which went alright I hope, my voice went all wobbly a few times but I had practiced enough, i hope. Then on wednesday we had a prac test for coasts. It was my first ever multiply-choice exam, which counted towards any modules. It was pretty tough, with some really stupid questions like "Who first discovered Kiama Blowhole? Charles Darwin, James Cook, or two other blokes", we will see what the outcome is.

On a more positive note the Bush Fires have calmed down a lot towards the end of this week. Early in the week we had a warning email from KB letting us know what would happen if we were to evacuate, luckily it never came to it! But it was quite a surreal email to receive.

Juicy juicy chicken!
Wednesday we had an American themed pre-drinks which was super fun. We played beer pong, and I was unbeaten the WHOLE night (mind you I played one game and decided to retire a champion). We also had some jello shots, they were pretty good actually. I have had some before and they were foul but these were good. We all had a pretty great night! Ooo also wednesday evening I made the Lemon and Thyme Chicken that we were taught by our Masterchef expert... OMG it was amazing!!! So so so juicy :D.

Thursday morning was the official KB opening so I woke up to a whole load of people in suits outside in the courtyard. I sleepily trudged out and nabbed some food, its was really fancy and tastey food. I cant even describe what it was all I know was that it was in the shape of a muffin, its had bacon and pumpkin in it with a lovely chutney on top. I then went out for a jog. I went out for a 3km job on wednesday aswell but it hasnt shown up on my phone which is annoying but hey. I ended up doing 7km down to the beach and back, I did have a decent break at the beach and walked along it a bit. I think north beach is one of my favourite places since arriving here, there and the Mt Keira lookout. Friday passed as a blur, delving into my GIS project, I also headed to fitness which was a killer of a session, especially after wednesday jog and night out then thursday jog and early starts each day. Its safe to say I got a decent sleep on friday night, after watching a weird but good film about a guy who begun hearing a voice who was narrating his life.
Mid-jog paddle :)

So saturday... definitely the highlight of the week! We headed up to Macquarie Pass National Park, about 40 min drive from the Gong. We parked at the bottom of this creek and headed 30mins up it by foot. I was in my thongs (flip-flops) and struggled on the difficult path... where's a risk assessment when you need it hey! So we arrived at a serious of pools with massive rocks on the side to jump in from. Ok im going to go hydrology geek for a moment... there were insane pools and streams and rivers and eroded streams and waterfalls ah it was amazing!!! So we spent the morning jumping off various heights of rocks into the plunge pool, my guestimation is that they were 15-20ft, it would be like jumping out of the second floor window at KB. So fairly high :P although I dont like heights I had a blast. The adrenaline mixed with the freezing cold water mixed with the warm sun was a great mixture! We also had an underwater camera and have got some good shots :). Oh also, there was some rock climbing moulds and some rope set up on the side of the plunge pool and my friends said that they have never seen anyone climb up there to a little low ledge. So being the competitive guy I am I thought I would give it a shot. Lots of cheering by my friends, lots of pain in my arms and legs later I managed to make it up, I chuffed to say the least! Ill add a photo of when I was hanging upside down clinging on! That evening we headed out for a friends birthday which was good fun, pre's at kb then out into town.
Great timing of the photo! 

Possible my favourite place so far :)
Enjoying the warm sun
I think at this point I had a brain freeze!
The "impossible" rock climb ;)

That brings me to today. I headed off to town this morning to buy an underwater camera off someone from gumtree, so $150 later I am now the proud owner of a waterproof and shockproof camera, really chuffed :). I cant wait to use it in the sea and then up in the barrier reef over the summer! This afternoon I have been studying for my exam next week.

So that's it for now from a cloudy Wollongong :).
Oh and a final note Australia (Sydney) is now 11 hours ahead of the UK as you guys changed your clocks :).










No comments:

Post a Comment