Sunday 22 September 2013

Week 10: Learning to love footy (rugby)!

Here I am at the end of week 10!

This week has been a week of routine. Monday the ever present film night, Pulp Fiction this week. Although it was a clever and good movie it is definitely not worth the hype that I know some people give it, and man its loooong. Tuesday was a day of assignment deadlines, as ever I was on the ball and had them finished :). In the evening there was an acoustic night organised by one of my aussie international buddies. We headed down and had a relaxed night with some surprisingly good and some surprisingly different music.

The first couple of days this week we had some pretty rubbish weather after what had been an age of dry weather. I couldn't remember the last time it had rained. Lets just say aussi rain is much the same to UK rain, less cold and quite heavier.

Wednesday began to clear up and we headed off on a fieldtrip around Lake Illawarra for my Coasts module. It was a pretty easy practical, most of it spent on the bus going around the lake, even so it was good to get out of Wollongong and see the local area, which I haven't done as much as I would have liked so far.



That evening a small group of us went out and had a pretty eventful end to the night! Thursday was spent sleeping and catching up with some work out in the courtyard with the sun on me. Friday was more productive, with an early (8.30am) lecture and I started my next essay assignment which. The afternoon consisted of bits of procrastination, buying charity cakes from the office (yumyum) and making rocky road. It's safe to say I can make a mean rocky road! And I forgot to take a piccy of it darn! Saturday kicked off with a charity breakfast bbq, I could seriously get used to having bacon, egg and sausage sandwiches for breakfast yum yum yum. Then we headed off for KB sports but a lack of number meant we resorted to throwing a frisbee around! We headed down to the beach in the afternoon to catch some rays and yes I have got round to getting sun cream and using it! By the end of the day I was fairly red.

Saturday evening was a friends 19th so we headed off to town for a night out and had a surprisingly good time! I have to say I could get used to going out at 9/10ish and being home in bed for 1.30/2am rather than the later UK times! Before heading out we had homemade pizza's and watched the footy (rugby) on and we witnessed a great game as Newcastle overcame Storm (from Melbourne), dare I say I enjoyed it more than a football (soccer) match OOO it's a close call.
Me and the gang devouring pizzas!


After a decent nights sleep I decided to go for a jog... up Mount Keira! Everything was going great, minus the burning calf's and heat until I came across a massive rock fall which had obliterated the path. After trying to cross it and find the path I gave up and headed back. I only got a few strange looks as I pranced- I mean jogged back down.

Once getting back I headed for my favorite shop in the world... the farmers market at leisure coast.  So I am all stocked up and treated myself to some cheeky pepper steaks so I am uber excited for those tonight :). Check out the ducks that were crossing the road on campus!


This afternoon we headed off to the sports field and had a pretty epic game of touch. We had six a side and it worked really well, I scored some sneaky tries. I decided I had to represent being the only pom. The highlight of tonight so far has been doing laundry... I know right! Living the dream ;) .



No comments:

Post a Comment