Sunday 18 August 2013

Week 5: Rugby and Beachiness

So first things first I am thankfully all better now :).

This week has been quite work focussed, I have finished my 2,500 word essay for GIS in for next week and have now started my 2,500 word essay for coasts... man I hate essays. Give me a GIS prac or numbers to do any day!

Other than that I went out with the Global Buddies Society, we went out for a Mexican which was YUM! and pretty cheap so bonus :). We also had a cheeky tequila shot (oh the memories! for those of you who were there, hosepipe, 3 storey building, you know the night!) I ended up having three nights of fajitas/taco's as I made a big batch for the night before's dinner.
Before fajitas...

Easting fajitas with How I Met Your Mother on :)

Thursday night consisted of a trip to Wollies and a looong wait for a bus but having full cupboards was definitely worth it! Friday so far has been pretty chilled after finishing my essay. I am planning on going to a free fitness thing that KB are putting on and then I believe I am invited to a bbq. So thats my evening sorted :). Heading up to Sydney tomorrow to go and watch the rugby, we have two rows of six booked behind each other... im sooo looking forward to seeing the Hakka! :). Who knows what else we will get up to in Sydney...

So its sunday night at the end of my fifth week... fifth week... fifth week.. in Australia.. I cannot believe its been five weeks that insane. Time sure flies.

Right then friday night was another decent evening of chilling with some bevvies but I took it easy as I knew I had a big day on Saturday.
Friday night with the Aussi's :) great fun and great bunch of people!

Soo saturday we headed up to Sydney, we got the train up, by the way the trains here are EPIC. Double deckers with seats that you can switch directions by moving the backs of them... SO COOL. So Sydney, we headed to a pretty massive Market (similar to camden) which had loads of touristy stuff and I saw a few things that i'll definitely have to go back and get at some point. We headed off to Darling Harbour which was pretty cool before grabbing some food in a pub (with a few beers) and headed off to the ANZ stadium! The stadium was pretty darn massive! It must be an 85,000 seater and was filled to 70,000 with Aussi and All Balck fans.
In my Aussi jacket at the ANZ stadium!
Unsurprisingly the All Blacks won, but even so it was a great evening, quite a tame atmosphere in the stadium if im being honest. But a masterclass from the All Blacks was great to watch  and explaining the rules to my international friends was great fun. I didnt realise that Rugby is not as much of an international sport as I had thought.

Thankfully Sunday was a day of recovery from a tiring day in Sydney, we all headed down to the beach to play some touch (damn thats tiring in the sand) and frisbee. Some of us went for a "swim"/ splash. I'm hoping to get some cool pics from a waterproof camera we had :).

Check out some of the wildlife I've seen this week... Ok its not massive spiders or snakes but still pretty cool to see just around campus. I have updated my bucket list with some of the things that I have done, I still need ideas because its a pretty pathetic list at the moment!

Awesome parrot/birds on campus :)
A pretty cool buggy/mothy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment