Friday 26 July 2013

Week 2: O-Week Shinanigans

So O-Week is in full swing and its been a great laugh. Sunday kicked off with a getting to know people game for KB and there have been a whole load of O-Week events throughout the week organised by KB and by UOW. Orientation day was quite surreal seeing the campus busy for the first time but it was informative and some great free corn on the cob and real lemonade. Otherwise the days have been real chilled out, partly recovering from nights out. Tues night we went to Patch, think of a downmarket weatherspoons but it was good fun nonetheless! Wednesday we went to a place called Glasshouse which was great fun and apparently there's an upstairs in that place, who would have thought it :P. And last night we went to the Illawarra. Nothing too crazy but just good nights out to kick the session off. Yesterday I went for a little "swim"/splash in the waves over at North Gong Beach, apparently I was crazy for going in whilst its "this" cold. Its blimming high teens low twenties! It was a tad nippy but nothing an Englishman can't handle!
Trying to be a hardy Englishman going for a splash in the waves
I have taken some snaps of my KB halls which are pretty darn swish!
My lovely room at KB
Living room and kitchen at KB

 I pretty much know my way around now, know where everything is and  ooo on that note I was shown THE BEST farmers shop I have ever been to and its dirt cheap! The place was overflowing with fresh fruit, veg, meats... everything! So I know where I will be going for all my culinary needs :). Speaking of food I have had soooo much free food this week it has been great. Waffles for post nights out, bbq lunches breakfasts and dinner. Just YUM YUM YUM...

This afternoon is a Carnival event, with a jumpy castle and I dont know what else so that should be good! 

That's it for now :) 
Keep in touch y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment